Time & Location
26 May 2022, 18:00 – 20:30
Leeds West Indian Community Centre, 10 Laycock Pl, Leeds LS7 3AJ, UK
About the Event
Are you concerned about the future of your community, where you call home and/or the rising energy prices? Would you like to connect with others in your neighbourhood, that are just as concerned but don't know where to start?
Are you already working within your community to tackle these climate issues?
If YES, to any of these questions, we would love for you to join us to explore what is possible for communities in Chapeltown. As part of the citywide Climate Action Leeds project, People Powered Homes and Platform are collaborating to offer a space to be inspired, ask questions, learn, share, listen, and connect.
You can expect:
- an open, welcoming environment where everyone is an expert of their own experience (no previous knowledge necessary!)
- inspiring guest speakers from Canopy, ChaCo and Claude Hendrickson from People Powered Homes.
- Refreshments provided by Surplus to Purpose (previously known at The Real Junk Food Project) served between 6pm - 6.30pm.
- Opportunities to listen and to be heard in group discussions
- signposting to local action groups
We encourage you to come with an open heart and mind a willingness to be inspired share your wisdom listen to understand and find patterns and insight most importantly, HAVE FUN!
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information on other ways to get involved check out Climate Action Leeds https://www.climateactionleeds.org.uk/